Name of the Post:
1. Librarian (School) in Telangana Social Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Societies. (137)
Name of the Post:
Librarian (School) in Mahatama Jothiba Phule Telangana Backward Classes Welfare Residential Educational Institutions Societies. (119)
Total No. of Vacancies: 256
Age as on 01/07/2017 Min. Max.: 18-44
Scale of Pay Rs.: 26,600- 77,030
1. A Degree from an institution recognized by the UGC. AND
2. A Degree in Library Science from an institution recognized by the UGC.
FEE: (Remittance of Fee) Each applicant must pay Rs. 200/- (RUPEES TWO HUNDRED ONLY) towards Online Application Processing Fee. This apart, the applicants have to pay RS. 120/- (RUPEES ONE HUNDRED AND TWENTY ONLY) towards Examination Fee. However, the following category of candidates belonging to Telangana State only are exempted from payment of Examination fee. a) SC, ST, BC & PH. b) Unemployed applicants in the age group of 18 to 44 years (They have to submit declaration at an appropriate time to the Commission that they are unemployed). N.B.:- BC’s, SC’s and ST’s belonging to other states are not exempted from payment of Application processing Fee and Examination Fee and they are not entitled for any kind of reservation.
1) Applications are invited Online from qualified candidates through the proforma Application to be made available on Commission’s WEBSITE (www.tspsc.gov.in) to the post of Librarian(schools) in Residential Educational Institutions Societies
i. Submission of ONLINE applications from Dt. 10/02/2017
ii. Last date for submission of ONLINE applications Dt. 04/03/2017
iii. Hall Tickets can be downloaded 07 days before commencement of Examination.
iv. The question paper will be supplied in English version only.
2) The Examination (Objective Type) is likely to be held on 16/04/2017 F.N. and 16/04/2017 A.N. The Commission reserves the right to conduct the Examination either COMPUTER BASED RECRUITMENT TEST (CBRT) or OFFLINE OMR based Examination of objective type.
Before applying for the posts, candidates shall register themselves as per the One Time Registration (OTR) through the Official Website of TSPSC. Those who have registered in OTR already, shall apply by login to their profile using their TSPSC ID and Date of Birth as provided in OTR. 3) The candidates who possess requisite qualification may apply online by satisfying themselves about the terms and conditions of this recruitment.
Scheme of Examination
1. General Studies and General Abilities (150
2. Library and Information Science (150)
Paper - I: General Studies and General Abilities
1. Current Affairs – Regional, National & International.
2. Indian Constitution; Indian Political System; Governance and Public Policy.
3. Social Exclusion; Rights issues such as Gender, Caste, Tribe, Disability etc., and inclusive policies. 4. Society Culture, Civilization Heritage, Arts and Literature of India and Telangana
5. General Science; India’s Achievements in Science and Technology
6. Environmental Issues; Disaster Management- Prevention and Mitigation Strategies and Sustainable Development.
7. Economic and Social Development of India and Telangana.
8. Socio-economic, Political and Cultural History of Telangana with special emphasis on Telangana Statehood Movement and formation of Telangana state.
9. Moral Values and Professional Ethics in Education.
10. Analytical Abilities: Logical Reasoning and Data Interpretation.
11. Basic English
Paper - II: Library & Information Science
Unit-1: Foundations of Library and Information Science
Unit-2: Information, Communicaton and Society
Unit-3: Information Sources
Unit-4: Information Services
Unit-5: Information Processing (Classification and Cataloguing)
Unit-6: Library Management
Unit-7: Fundamentals of Information Technology
Unit-8: Library Automation And Networks
Unit-9: Digital Libraries
Unit-10: Research Methodology
Click Here for TSPSC Website
Thanks for Visiting