Name of Post: Assistant Librarian-
Summary: IIM Vishakhapatnam Library invites application for a position of Assistant Librarian to manage its predominantly digital collection. Prospective applicant is expected to develop an upcoming library in the next three years.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
• Develop electronic content especially databases, periodicals and eBooks based on the teaching and research objectives of the institute.
• Initiating trials; solicit proposals and evaluate the content and pricing information and interpret and negotiate terms & conditions in license agreements.
• Maintenance of accurate, timely holding the data in library knowledge base, proxy server and troubleshoot access issues.
• Collection, compilation & analysis of usage statistics for retention and cancellation activities
• Leverage technology for improving the discovery and visibility of electronic content.
• Provide basic information services include business research skills and impart training to students on using various electronic content.
• Manage and maintain print collection especially books in an automated systems.
• Process case requisitions for relevant publishers sites subscribed by the institute.
Key Skills / Abilities/Knowledge required:
• Experience in e-resource management system
• Operating Knowledge in any International software
• Business Research Skills and ability to conduct orientation sessions
• Intermediate Proficiency in MS Excel such as sorts, filters, text and database functions and condition formatting.
• Basic HTML.
Education and Experience:
• Full-time MLISc with minimum 60 % from any UGC recognised University • Qualified in UGC/NET or Equivalent State level examination recognized by UGD
• At least two years of experience in acquisition/e-resources in any Academic Library as professional assistant • Excellent oral & written communication skills
• Knowledge of trends & issues in Electronic Resources
• Workflow in automated library system knowledge of MARC 21
Reporting Relationships: Assistant Librarian will report to Head – Academic Programmes & Administration of the IIM Visakhapatnam
• Internal – Academic and non-academic Employees, Students and other Stakeholders across all departments at IIM Vishakhapatnam
• External – Faculty, Students, staff, service providers of IIMV and other external Stakeholders. The position offered is on contract and is renewable subsequently. Compensation will based on Institute norms and the applicant’s qualification and experience. Selected candidates should be prepared to take up the assignment on or before May 2, 2016. Candidates meeting all the job requirements and desirous of being considered may send their applications to firstname.lastname@example.org Closing date for applications is March 16, 2016. Candidates shortlisted will be intimated.
View full Details