- Coordinate and participate in the acquisitions of electronic resources including ordering, invoicing, payment, license agreements and issues related to access/ use and display
- Establish and maintain communication with vendors, publishers and consortia to understand new products, services, and enhancements to products.
- Effectively interact with suppliers to resolve acquisitions and access problems. Monitor supplier performance.
- Provide leadership in developing, documenting, and implementing policies and procedures related to electronic resources.
- Prepare management reports that support assessment of electronic resources collections.
- Create and communicate cost analysis of new and renewed purchases of the overall electronic resources strategy of the collections budget and evaluate impacts of the overall electronic resources strategy on the collections budget.
- Manage user access problems, respond directly to user inquiries and problems, and perform troubleshooting and regular maintenance.
- Develop and document workflows for the electronic resource access and management program.
- Participates in writing proposals and securing grants.
- Serves at the Reference Desk, two-four hours per week.
- May work as a subject liaison to a department or program if needed.
- M.L.S from A.L.A accredited library school.
- Working knowledge of an electronic resource access system and an integrated library system (ILS)
- Demonstrated knowledge of acquisitions related to electronic resources and familiarity with selection, budgeting, vendors and other current providers.
- Experience or coursework in licensing and managing access to electronic resources.
- Experience with and knowledge about the management of usage statistics for electronic resources.
- Ability to meet and project deadlines.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively and collegially in a production-oriented environment.
- Strong service commitment, through teamwork and responsiveness to clients.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- 2 years of experience in an academic library.
- Experience with SFX and Voyager
- Familiarity with electronic resource management applications or software
- Experience with scholarly communication and library publishing trends
Source of Funds
Search ongoing; initial consideration of applications will begin on February 16, 2016. Position will remain open until filled.