• Report to the Executive Director and assists in the day-to-day technology operations of the Library
• Participate in any renovation project, including attending construction and Building Advisory Committee meetings as needed
• Assist in planning and procedures for instituting any new technology in the Main Library and Branches
• Manages Technical Services, Computer Services and Website Services
• Makes recommendations for technology improvements to the Executive Director
• Manage the library catalog (Innovative Interface), LILink, Website, Financial software and other programs the library uses to insure they are functioning and up to date with version changes that meet the needs of the organization.
• Work closely and collaboratively with technical service staff, integrated library system vendor, application vendors and other partners to further the discovery, delivery, maintenance and preservation of Library and other data.
• Coordinate the installation, testing, customization, and ongoing configuration of Library systems software and related upgrades.
• Maintain the various online processes for integration of Library Services Platform data and external systems such as LILink, OCLC, WorldCat, etc.
• Will insure compliance with authorization policies and license agreements.
• Bachelor's degree in computer information science or closely related field or the equivalent practical experience.
• Five years of professional experience in all aspects of information technology.
• MLS or MLIS degree from an ALA accredited institution required.
• Must have 3-5 years of management or supervisory experience.
• This individual will bring strong analytical, technical and troubleshooting skills in support of a complex array of library applications.
• Has strong commitment to system integrity, support and continuity of operations, actively coordinating and communicating with vendors and others in pursuit of problem resolution.
View full Details