1. Original version by Ranganathan Sir
2. Modern version by Crawford & Gorman Sir
1. Libraries serve humanity.
2. Respect all forms by which knowledge is communicated.
3. Use technology intelligently to enhance service.
4. Protect free access to knowledge.
5. Honor the past and create the future.
3. Web version by Alireza Nuruzi Sir
1. Web resources are for use.
2. Every user has his or her web resource.
3. Every web resource its user.
4. Save the time of the user.
5. The Web is a growing organism.
1 Ranganathan, S. R. The Five Laws of Library Science. London: Edward Goldston. 1931.
2 Crawford, W., & Gorman, M. Future libraries: dreams, madness & reality. Chicago and London, American Library Association, 1995.
3 Noruzi, A. (2004). ʺApplication of Ranganathanʹs Laws to the Web.ʺ Webology, 1(2), Article 8.