THE DEVELOPMENT: INDIAN STATES AND U.Ts.
PUBLIC LIBRARY LEGISLATION
ANDAMAN AND NICOBAR ISLANDS
DADRA AND NAGAR HAVELI
DAMAN AND DIU
JAMMU AND KASHMIR
ROLE OF RRRLF
Some important objectives are:
- To promote library movement in the country;
- To enunciate a national library policy and to help build up a national library system;
- To provide financial and technical assistance to libraries;
- To provide financial assistance to organizations, regional or national, engaged in the promotion of library development;
- To publish appropriate literature and to act as a clearing house of ideas and information on library development in India and abroad;
- To promote research in problems of library development;
- To advise the government on all matters pertaining to the library development in the country.